Fume events happen every single day
Below are a list of the most recent major (reported) events.
- FUME EVENT: Sydney, AUS., oil fumes in cabin (26/7/2014)
- Oil spill on British Airways London to Newcastle flight ‘left cabin crew ill and unable to work’ (17/7/2014)
- FUME EVENT: Smoke prompts plane evacuation in Italy (16/7/2014)
- FUME EVENT: Over the pacific – haze/smoke on board (16/7/2014)
- FUME EVENT: American B763 near Dublin – Bleed air valve causes diversion (twice) (7/7/2014)
- FUME EVENT – Mandatory Occurrence Reports (MORs) Jan-May 2014 (30/6/2014)
- FUME EVENT: British Airways B744 over Atlantic on Jun 28th 2014, smoke and fumes (30/6/2014)
- FUME EVENT: Smoke in cockpit and cabin – Cityjet RJ85 near Dublin on May 22nd 2014 (23/5/2014)
- FUME EVENT: Jet diverts as crew fall ill from fumes (21/5/2014)
- FUME EVENT: Unidentified fumes on board KLM flight MAN to AMS (14/5/2014)
- FUME EVENT: UPDATE Passengers and crew may have been exposed to poison gas (7/5/2014)
- FUME EVENT: Smoke filled aircraft at Gardermoen (Norway) (6/5/2014)
- UPDATE: Fume Event – Condor B753 near Las Palmas (19/3/2014)
- Air Accident Investigations bulletin – Fume event flight on Lufthansa Airbus A321-131, D-AIRX (10/5/2013)
- Emergency diversion details of a BA Boeing 777 flight on 3 February 2013 (3/2/2013)
- Fume event onboard BFU TX013-12 (1/1/2012)
- Fume event: Boeing 757-236 G-CPET (4/10/2006)
The Aviation Herald logs technical incidents and accidents in aviation.
Click the image to the right to see a few of the most recent reported fume events.
Try searching for the terms; ‘fume(s)’, ‘odour’, ‘smoke’, ‘incapacitated’, ‘bleed air’, ‘fume events’ and ‘smell’ to see individual events.
These logs are just the tip of the iceberg. Below is a FlightRadar24 map which shows the thousands of flights currently in the skies. Remember: at least 1 in 2000 flights suffers a reportable fume event.