To whom it may concern
Further to a formal discovery STATEMENT by John Grahame Hoyte, then of Harefield House, Fenny Compton, CV47 2YG on 22 May 2006.
The following evidence, gathered since 1944 is a small part of all global evidence concerning Aerotoxic Syndrome. Attention is drawn specifically to documented evidence from 21 April 2005 onwards, which is in the public domain and now offered as ‘positive evidence’ in order to call for timely help and support of the Aerotoxic Association Ltd.’s work for the public interest and good.
John Hoyte still experiences health difficulties from the remains of an acquired Aerotoxic Syndrome brain injury caused by toxic fumes.
Published Dutch statistics show around 1,000,000 frequent flyers & aircrew in Europe alone with 135,000 in the UK may be experiencing Aerotoxic Syndrome. (Dr Mulder -The Netherlands 2017)
The population of Europe is 741.4 million.
Dr Mackenzie-Ross of UCL (University College London), who since 2003, has been carrying out extensive research studies of sheep-dip farmers, airline pilots, cabin crew and passengers has estimated that in 2004, 197,000 airline passengers in Britain alone could have been exposed to contaminated fumes.
The UK based Aerotoxic Association Ltd – The Charity was founded on 19 March 2007 focuses on public Health & Safety, freedom of speech and of public law, all in the public interest.
Please read and watch some of the background evidence later which shows some of the work of John Hoyte and the Aerotoxic Association (The Charity) and which has been debated openly in Public, in the UK Parliament and featured by the international media since 21 April 2005, a few months before John Hoyte suddenly stopped all BAe 146 flying on 30 June 2005:
UK Company Number 6168333 (Company Limited by Guarantee and not having a share capital)
MEMORANDUM OF ASSOCIATION OF AEROTOXIC ASSOCIATION
- The Charity’s object’s (the Objects) are:-
- To earn recognition of a condition that affects pilots, cabin crew, and passengers who have been exposed to toxins found in pressurised cabin air, which originates from jet engine oil (Organic phosphate poisoning) dispersed through the air filter system of the aircraft;
- To establish a generic term as “Aerotoxic Syndrome”;
- To advance the education of the public and promote awareness of Aerotoxic Syndrome;
- The relief of sufferers of Aerotoxic Syndrome and their families by the provision of such advice, information and support as would relieve their need;
- To promote research into the causes, prevention, treatment and cure of Aerotoxic Syndrome and the dissemination of the knowledge thereby acquired; and
- To provide a forum for fellow
sufferers to exchange information in an effort to improve individuals health.
Continue reading The Charity Memorandum/Objects HERE.
Evidence from 21 April 2005:
- BALPA (British Airline Pilot Association) Cabin Air conference, London. 21 April 2005 – existence of a medical problem affecting passengers, cabin crew & pilots. https://vimeo.com/11111751 & https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxwxzHMekb4
- House of Lords Science & Technology Committee Air Travel & Health: An update. July 2007 witness Statements of John Hoyte & other aircrew/passengers. (Page 50). https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/ld200708/ldselect/ldsctech/7/7.pdf
- Dr Sarah Myhill’s Brief on Aerotoxic Syndrome November 2007 for the Aerotoxic Association:https://www.aerotoxicteam.com/uploads/6/0/3/8/6038702/4aea_website_aerotoxic_syndrome_dr_sarah_myhill.pdf
- A Cabin Air debate including the Aerotoxic Association Ltd. & John Hoyte with John Maples MP from Houses of Parliament on 1 July 2009: https://www.theyworkforyou.com/whall/?id=2009-07-01c.103.1&s=%22Aircraft%3A+Air+Conditioning%22+OR+%22aviation%3A+air+quality%22+OR+%22cabin+air%22+OR+%22aerotoxic%22+OR+%22B-naphthylamine%22
- Poisoning a passenger group and aircrew featured by BBC Panorama on 21 April 2008: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dsDznr4z5w
- Terry Williams v Boeing 10 July 2009 CNN Out of Court settlement. http://edition.cnn.com/2009/US/07/03/bleed.air.contamination/index.html
- The only ever WIN in Australian High Court for BAe 146 passenger Joanne Turner v’s East West Airlines – 3 September 2010 after 18 years. https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/flight-attendant-wins-in-toxicfume-case-20100903-14ufi.html & https://vimeo.com/194989499 Inc. Aerotoxic pilot – David Learmount.
- December 2013 – watch ‘Toxic Flyer’ a 60 Minutes Australian expose of Aerotoxic Syndrome.
- John Hoyte of Aerotoxic Association featured live on BBC news on 22 February 2015: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGVL1N4LZYM
- ITN – British Independent TV News Joel Hills reported on Tuesday 21 April 2015 that Len McCluskey of Unite Union calls for ‘Public inquiry into aeroplane Cabin Air over ‘Fume event’ fears.
- A second Toxic Cabin Air debate at Westminster on 9 March 2016:
- ‘Aerotoxicity’ Lawyer Michael Rawlinson QC stated in public at the 11 annual Cabin Air conference, London on 20 September 2017: “I genuinely think we are at a tipping point…”
- John Hoyte of the Aerotoxic Association Ltd. Charity elected to present to the First Cabin Air workshop at EASA (European Union Aviation Safety Agency) Cologne HQ on 31 January 2020 for 1.5 million Euros for ‘Further Research’.
- Lawsuit against Boeing alleges ‘dirty little secret’ on flight: Contaminated air on 31 January 2020: https://eu.usatoday.com/story/travel/airline-news/2020/01/31/boeing-lawsuit-contaminated-air-allegedly-entered-delta-plane/4621223002/
- Aerotoxic Syndrome was featured by the BBC in ‘File on 4’ on 25 February & 1 March 2020: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000fp62 & https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-51633897 – 25th February 2020 – BBC article 25 February 2020.
- Further evidence may be viewed here: Global Cabin Air Quality Executive which John Hoyte attended the first conference in September 2006: https://www.gcaqe.org/
Call to ACTION:
Please send a brief, e-mail public STATEMENT to Dr Sarah Mackenzie Ross of University College London (UCL) who is a consultant Clinical Neuropsychologist and expert in Aerotoxic Syndrome since around 2004 and recently collaborated with medical colleagues in The Netherlands and published two papers on Aerotoxic Syndrome in 2019 and John Hoyte of the Aerotoxic Association in 2020. firstname.lastname@example.org and copy in your Member of Parliament or public representative using some or all of the following text:
BELIEVE THAT POSITIVE EVIDENCE OF HUMAN ILLNESS
CAUSED BY TOXIC CABIN AIR EXISTS
THAT CONTINUED SUPPORT FOR THE WORK & RESEARCH BY THE AEROTOXIC ASSOCIATION Ltd. CHARITY & OTHERS IS LAWFUL, IN THE PUBLIC INTEREST, FREEDOM OF SPEECH AND PUBLIC DUTY”.
With your FULL NAME and DATE.
Chairman & Founder Aerotoxic
Former BAe 146 Training Captain & Aerotoxic Survivor
More evidence at www.aerotoxic.org since 2007.
21 April 2020
A visible ‘Oil Fume Event’ flight 5 August 2019. The concentrations of poisons in the Cabin Air have not yet been published for open public debate.